Subject to availability, call for more info!
The new version of the Cronus Magnum features several significant and exciting upgrades along with a new triode/ultra-linear switch.
For vinyl enthusiasts, the phono section has been completely redesigned for mm and mc cartridges. Two gain settings provide for 45dB and 60dB of gain so you can now use either high or low output cartridges. The phono also has five individual load settings so you can fine-tune the phono for optimal results.
A Triode/Ultralinear switch allows for on-the-fly switching between Ultralinear operation and pure triode. Ultralinear offers the most power and a commanding grip on the bass while triode provides a slightly softer and more romantic sound. You choose which works best in your setup - maybe both!
A completely new headphone circuit is based around MOSFET buffers capable of massive current sourcing. The design is basically a simplified single-ended version of our RH-5 headphone amplifier and puts out enough power to drive the most difficult headphones for clean crisp personal audio.
The line stage has been improved and has an amazingly low noise floor for a completely black background for your listening.
Finally, a machined aluminum metal remote completes the upgrade.
- 100 WPC
- 20Hz-30KHz bandwidth
- 4 and 8 ohm transformer taps
- Slow start turn on sequencing
- Massive high storage linear (!) power supply
- (2) 12AX7, (3) 12AU7, (4) KT120 output tubes
- Gold plated RCA inputs
- Gold plated binding posts
- Machined aluminum faceplate
- 4 inputs (phono, line 1,2,3)
- 45/60 dB gain phono input +/- 0.1 dB 20Hz - 20KHz
- 2W Headphone amplifier
- Aluminum remote with volume and mute
- Buffered variable outputs (great for subwoofers)!
- Active outputs for subwoofer or bi-amping
- 4 RCA inputs (phono, line1, line 2, line3)
- All precision components
- Heavy (2 ounces) copper circuit board
- Full tube cage/cover (optional)
- Fully tested, burned-in, and auditioned
- Detachable IEC power cord
- 18" W x 17.5"D X 6.75" H (actual)
- 25" W x22"D X 11" H x 55 LBs (shipping dimensions)
- power requirements: 120V/240V - 50/60Hz
- Entirely designed and hand-built in the USA