Engaging overhead surround sound
We don't often recommend in-ceiling speakers for your home theater's front channels. That's because most models fire straight downward, so the sound tends to seem disconnected from your TV screen. Focal's 300 ICLCR 5 is a rare exception of an in-ceiling speaker that does a great job reproducing your home theater's front soundstage.
This speaker's angled baffle directs sound down and forward toward your listening position. It makes the movie's soundtrack feel like it's coming from the action unfolding on the screen, instead of several feet above it. This specialized design allows for use as a left-, right-, or center-channel speaker in an overhead home theater system.
Three-way design for ultra-smooth sound
This speaker employs a three-way design to create engaging, lifelike sound in your room. It features two of Focal's 5" woven flax fiber woofers for punchy bass, and a 4" flax fiber coner for articulate mids. Smooth, natural highs come courtesy of a 1" aluminum tweeter.
A built-in enclosure elevates performance
One of my favorite features of the 300 ICLCR 5 is the back-box that's built onto the speaker. This carefully designed enclosure helps this speaker deliver consistently focused, well-balanced sound no matter what kind of space is behind it in your ceiling. It also keeps dust and dirt out.
- 3-way design ideal for an overhead home theater system
- specialized driver arrangement allows for use as a left-, right-, or center-channel speaker
- 1" aluminum/magnesium inverted dome tweeter
- three-position tweeter level control cuts or boosts high-frequency output to ideally suit your room's acoustics
- 4" woven flax fiber midrange driver
- tweeter and midrange are housed in an adjustable plate to direct sound toward you
- three-position midrange level control to ideally suit your room's acoustics
- dual 5" woven flax fiber woofers
- humidity-resistant design (not recommended for direct exposure to water)
- built-in back-box ensures well-balanced sound in any installation and protects against dust and dirt
- unobtrusive frame and paintable magnetic grille for discreet installation
- recommended amplifier power: 50-150 watts
- frequency response: 55-28,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 91 dB
- impedance: 8 ohms
- designed and developed in France
- cutout dimensions: 13-3/8"W x 13-3/8"H
- overall dimensions: 14-1/2"W x 14-1/2"H
- mounting depth: 7-1/2"
- weight: 16.3 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years