The VM520EB is part of the 500 Series in Audio-Technica’s new VM cartridge line – a line that harks back to A-T’s early days as a manufacturer primarily of high-end phono cartridges, while also incorporating today’s advanced technology.
Like all VM cartridges, the VM520EB is equipped with dual magnets that are positioned to match the left and right channels in the stereo record groove for outstanding channel separation and extended frequency response. The cartridge’s 0.3 x 0.7 mil elliptical bonded stylus tracks the record groove with high accuracy for outstanding audio reproduction. Includes mounting hardware. Para-toroidal coils improve generating efficiency and offer superb linearity since leakage of magnetic flux in this
continuous and unitized magnetic circuit is low. The permeability of the cores is also optimized through the use of laminated cores.
A permalloy center shield plate enables the effective separation of left and right channels, suppressing electrical crosstalk to below 40dB. This is similar to the actual crosstalk value found in the grooves of the record itself.
• Dual magnets match the left and right channels in a stereo record groove for outstanding channel separation and extended frequency response
• 0.3 x 0.7 mil elliptical bonded stylus tracks the record groove with high accuracy for outstanding audio reproduction
• Paratoroidal coils improve generating efficiency
• Center shield plate between the left and right channels reduces crosstalk
• Durable low-resonance polymer housing
• Includes aluminum cantilever and mounting hardware